Theatricals Casting and Alumni Relations Intern
The Second City is the premier brand in improv-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
About our Internship Program
The impactful power of comedy is evident from our pool of legendary alumni. The same passion and drive that these individuals possess is what we seek in our interns.
The theatrical production process has many opportunities for creativity across a multitude of departments. Skills in areas ranging from finance to graphic design are all essential parts of the high-quality shows produced here at The Second City. For all positions, the driving force is a strong passion to enhance the future of comedy.
Interns will be responsible for assisting with day to day tasks in their department as well as for larger projects that will span the duration of the internship. Both tasks offer ample room for creativity!
What we are looking for in our interns
The environment of The Second City is fast-paced, exciting and at times high pressure. We’re looking for individuals who can think on their feet — focusing simultaneously on specific details and big ideas.
To become and intern for Theatricals Casting and Alumni Relations you should:
- Have the interest in working on a variety of projects
- Be a self starter/autonomous worker
- Be interested in looking at the big picture
- Have an interest/ability in working on creating/maintaining organizational and operating systems
- Uphold an interest in supporting comedic actors
Before applying, you must say Yes, And to:
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Do you have a High School Diploma or equivalent?
- Are you computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel especially) and familiar with Google suite?
- Are you available 6 hours/day, 3 days/week?
Some things to note before applying
- Housing and transportation not provided
- Although the experience you’ll gain will be invaluable, the Internship itself is unpaid
- The internship does not guarantee a job, but will open doors to tons of opportunities
- You can get university credits if that is a requirement from your college