User Experience Design Internship (Summer)
User Experience Design Intern – Summer 2019
We’re looking for a talented User Experience Designer intern to join our Design team at iRobot.
Our group is responsible for defining the physical and digital experiences of iRobot. The Design Intern will work with us across Industrial Design, Digital UX, Robot UX and Design Research to assist our team in product design and development.
This role will support UX team to lead the design efforts on projects from early concepts through production including: design and consumer research; competitive marketplace analysis; and UX design concept exploration, refinement, communication, & documentation. The Design Intern is expected to work cross functionally with industrial designers, UX designers, engineers, researchers and visual designers to create tangible design solutions, and inform product development. This is an exciting time, we are a growing team of skilled designers and researchers creating and defining the future.
Skills you will need
· Strong understanding of UX design fundamentals and interest in stretching beyond web and mobile experiences
· The ability to communicate design concepts through mock ups, interaction flows and prototypes
· Passion for simplicity and ease of use
· Reasonable fluency and strong curiosity of emerging technology such as voice UX, connected home and AI
· The developing ability to turn research insights and trends into compelling solutions
· Strong desire to dig into the details, and create proof of concepts
· Experience with rapid, lo-fi prototypes and validation: sketches, ideation, paper prototypes
· Tools you might use to communicate your ideas into concepts include Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud , InVision, or Figma with excellent proficiency in one or more.
· Pursuing a degree in UX design or a related creative discipline
· English proficiency (written and spoken) required
· You are self-driven and collaborate well within the team
· The ability to take feedback with an open mind and do the same thing to people.
· You are ambitious and focused, but you don’t forget to have fun.
· You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.