Internship: June 10, 2019– August 16, 2019
Levy On-Deck Internship Program
The 10-week summer internship program at the Levy Home Office is an immersive experience into the world of food and sports. Students from across the country will join multiple Levy departments for the summer, learning what makes Levy one of the fastest growing and most critically acclaimed hospitality companies. Throughout the summer, all Home Office interns will have acess to developmental workshops and resources - as well as the opportunity to participate in unique group outings in and around Chicago, soaking in the best season to be in the city.
What you’ll be doing
The Communications Intern will work as part of Levy’s Global Marketing and Communications team. Responsibilities include helping manage all aspects of communications for Levy’s social media channels, corporate communications, and Levy’s charitable wing Levy Cares.
We are looking for a creative, confident writer who is filled with curiosity and a passion for telling captivating stories. The ideal candidate has a solid grasp on grammar, research skills, and of course the food world. An interest in corporate social responsibility and eagerness to learn about communications strategy and planning is also highly encouraged. As a multi-skilled intern, you will be asked to take photos and videos for Levy’s social media channels from time to time, as well as help with content creation and scheduling.
In tandem with the Marketing Intern, you will be tasked with solving a Marketing + Communications challenge our industry is currently facing. You’ll collaborate throughout the summer on this project and will present at the end of your internship to the entire Levy executive team.
What we’re looking for
- Journalism & Mass Communications, Public Relations, Communications or Marketing, Business, Library Sciences, Photojournalism, Visual Communications, and Digital Marketing majors preferred
- Proficient use of grammar and strong writing skills
- Organized, research-oriented, and works well under deadline
- Experience with Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, or any other social media scheduler preferred
- Experience with WordPress
- Comfortable speaking with executives at all levels
- Mac proficient
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software preferred
- Familiarity with camera equipment
- Understanding of social media platforms for brands
- Experience with community management/crisis monitoring
- Creative and passionate storyteller
- Flexible, quick-thinker who likes a challenge
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.