Internal Communications Intern
The Internal Communications intern will work closely with the Internal Communications manager to support the development and cascading of relevant & timely information to the organization’s employees through internal channels. The internal communications intern will also provide support for the execution of the Corporate Responsibility strategy and Employee Engagement strategy.
1. DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
- Provide support on Internal Communications strategy
- Provide support on Corporate Responsibility & Employee Communication strategies
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Internal Communications Manager to support and execute the internal communication strategy
- Draft written communication materials to inform employees of relevant strategic projects, news and initiatives
- Disseminate communications through various internal channels including email, newsletters, digital monitors, meetings and onsite events, among others.
- Maintain and update the employee intranet
- Provide support on the organization of internal meetings including Town Hall meetings
- Support and execute the Corporate Responsibility strategy, including Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Provide support on the Employee Engagement strategy initiatives (employee satisfaction survey, employee recognition programs, internal events, etc.)
3. POSITION CONTEXT
AXA is a global leader in financial protection, representing nearly 100 billion Euros worth of turnover across its 3 businesses (Life & Savings, Property & Casualty and Asset Management). AXA Partners, launched in Sept 2015, is a new business unit dedicated to developing AXA’s partnership business that makes up ~10% of the AXA business globally. The mission of AXA partners is to design, implement and manage relationships with selected global partners and support AXA entities to develop successful local partnerships.
The main partnerships will be articulated around 4 areas, including 3 sector-led divisions (Automotive, Bancassurance, Telco/ Utilities/ Retail/ Digital Platforms and IoT) as well as Transversal Cross-sector Operations, covering topics across sectors (finance, capabilities, governance, and support to community animation).
The sector-led divisions have a business development role, and the following objectives:
- Management of global deals – building on a global network of KAM
- Support of significant deals at local or regional level
- Development and enrichment of sector value propositions – with credentials by sector (to be turned into products by marketing teams)
The transversal cross-sector team will aim to support and coordinate all sector-led divisions and steer and support local entities and Global BUs in their partnership operations.
Reporting/ Working Relationships:
- Reports to Internal Communications Manager
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or closely-related discipline
- Experience in internal communications in a corporate setting preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility
- Maturity and professionalism
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong MS Word and PowerPoint skills
- Creative with a keen eye for graphic design and knowledge of Photoshop a plus