Copywriter / Communications & PR - Intern
Internship Opportunity – This is a Paid Internship
Job Title: Copywriter / Communications & PR - Intern
Danielle Ashley Group (DAG) is a full service Marketing and Public Relations agency specializing in developing effective and innovative strategies for reaching the “Urban” market. DAG is a leader in strategic planning for political campaigns, event planning & promotions, grassroots marketing programs, brand development and sales, social media and more.
Job Duties and responsibilities-
The Copywriter /Public Relations Communications intern will:
· Gain a broad understanding of our marketing brands and programs
· Assist in planning and writing monthly Newsletters for school districts and composing written communications for various other clients
· Plan and schedule meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
· Collaborate with DAG staff on new ideas, directions, event venues for marketing and communication events
· Reach and contact community organizations, general public and providers with information on First Ladies Health Initiatives programs
· Assist with pitching news releases, media alerts and other stories
· Assist with organizing and centralizing data from key events
§ Must be a Senior/Junior level Journalism, English Composition, History, Communications or Public Relations major
§ Must be an excellent writer with good verbal communication skills
§ Must be organized with your work and surrounding work areas
§ Must also have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Work Days: 3-4 days per week
Hours/Pay Hours as agreed upon, $12.00 per hour.
Timing: Spring and/or Summer 2019 with possibility to extend.
Please see the Internship Coordinator at your school to provide your resume for this position.