Part-Time Event Coordinator
Do you get excited about events and supporting local businesses? The Lakeview Chamber of Commerce, the service provider for Special Service Area 27 (SSA 27) and Friends of Lakeview, seeks a part-time Event Coordinator who is interested in event planning and execution. This position reports to the Events & Marketing Manager and will be tasked with organizing summer programming at the Paulina Plaza, a dynamic new public space beneath the CTA Brown Line ‘L’ tracks that will host weekly pop-ups and other small-scale events, as well as running day-of logistics every Thursday at the Low-Line Farmers Market from 1-8PM. The pay for this position is $15/hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Carisa Marconet, Events & Marketing Manager, Carisa@LakeviewChamber.com
Subject: Part-Time Event Coordinator
Applications accepted through Wed., Feb. 27, 2019. No phone calls please.
Qualifications and Time Commitment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships
- Passion for community events
- Previous event experience
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Available for all market dates through the 2019 season listed below
- Able to commit to approximately 10 hours per week from March - October, subject to change based on event needs and Event Coordinator’s availability.
- Paulina Plaza Pop-Ups
- Coordinate weekly pop-ups and other events at the Paulina Plaza, identifying and scheduling participation from local retailers, restaurants, musicians and other partners
- Assist event partners with planning logistics, including permitting, access to electricity, space requirements, and other needs in a timely and proactive manner
- Document pop-up programming with photos and assist with promotion of events via social media, email marketing, flyering, etc.
- These events are not intended to require on-site staffing, and work will focus on pre-season planning from March 11 - May 31, and assisting with troubleshooting during the program season
- Low-Line Farmers Market
- Execute farmers market day-of and be the main on-site contact for vendors from 1-8PM every Thursday from June 6 - October 10, including event set-up and tear-down
- Document market through photos and attendance counts, communicate any issues to the Events & Marketing Manager, and assist with promotion of the market via social media
- Manage volunteers and Lakeview Chamber market info booth
- Other tasks as assigned
About the Lakeview Chamber
The Lakeview Chamber is a 501(c)(6) non-profit membership organization founded in 1951. It provides services and programming on behalf of Special Service Area 27 and our affiliated 501(c)(3) Friends of Lakeview. Our mission is to support a resilient local economy and high quality of life for the benefit of businesses and residents in Chicago’s West Lakeview community through neighborhood promotion, business development, advocacy, and public space enhancements. Our service area is bounded by Racine Avenue, Ravenswood Avenue, Diversey Parkway and Irving Park Road. To learn more about us, visit http://www.lakeviewchamber.com.
The Lakeview Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.