Digital Content Producer- Part Time
Digital Content Producer – Part Time
WAVY/WVBT is looking for someone to join our award-winning digital news team as a Part-Time Digital Content Producer.
Applicants must be innovative, reader-focused and full of creativity. This position requires exceptional writing skills, proofreading/copy editing skills and stellar news judgment, with the ability to react quickly to breaking news.
We are seeking someone with strong social media skills who will be responsible for monitoring and posting relevant content utilizing Twitter, Facebook, and a variety of other social media networks.
Position will: Ensure accurate and engaging copy; edit and post video in a deadline driven environment. Must be detail oriented and work well under pressure.
· Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
· Proficiency in Associated Press style and Basic HTML preferred; CSS, Flash, Adobe Suite experience and other relevant technology skills a big plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of design for content management systems, usability and accessibility practice and customer focus are essential.
· This job requires flexible hours. Candidate must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights and weekends, and holidays.
Please remember to upload a copy of your resume and include a link to your work.