You know GEICO for our unique, ubiquitous advertising campaigns. As a Marketing Intern, you will be provided the opportunity to directly impact one of the most recognized and advertised brands’ marketing efforts.
Interns will rotate through our marketing department’s teams. Possible rotations include learning digital advertising, supporting our local agents, implementing pilots to improve customer loyalty, deciding which local markets to target, and creative brainstorming with our social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task. The applicant must be professional, self-motivated, and personable. Furthermore, the applicant must have excellent communication and analytical skills.
From day one, your work will have an impact. If you have a passion for marketing and you're interested in making a real contribution at the fastest growing auto insurer in the United States, then a GEICO internship may be the right fit for you!
During this Summer 2019 internship, you will:
• Rotate through multiple marketing departments including, but not limited to, Internet, Agent, Broadcast, Planning, Database & Social Media, and Retention
• Learn about GEICO Operations through the Internship Speaker Series
• Build your leadership, communication, and presentation skills
• Get involved in community service projects and social events
• Receive competitive pay for your hard work
• Be considered for a full-time career after graduation
• Active pursuit of a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or a related major
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (must upload a transcript to be considered)
• Candidates must be rising seniors (i.e. graduating in December 2019 or May 2020)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to live and work in the Washington DC area
This is a paid, hourly internship.