FOOTBALL OUTREACH INTERN
Title: FOOTBALL OUTREACH INTERN
Department: Community Outreach
Classification: Non-Exempt; Hourly
Level: Level 7; Intern
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reports to: Football Outreach Specialist
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position will assist the overall efforts of the community outreach team by providing support in all areas. This is a paid internship and entails full-time weekdays and special events. Core hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with several weekends as needed. The approximate timeframe for this internship is from May 2019 – November 2019.
1) Lead the execution of community outreach initiatives for the traveling Lambeau Field Live exhibit. This includes emceeing Q&A sessions with Packers alumni, and the coordination of Play 60 activities.
2) Aid in the planning and coordination of football outreach events.
3) Football outreach events encompass: Green Bay Packers Coaching School, High School 7-on-7 Passing Tournament, USA Football Coaching Clinic, Football Outreach Camps, Green Bay Packers High School Lineman Challenge, Exceptional Abilities Challenge, Family Night & Preseason Halftime Youth Football Scrimmages, Gatorade Junior Training Camps, Packers vs. Cancer High School Football Game, and the Salute to Service Tournament.
4) Assist in equipment donations to high school football programs.
5) Assist in fulfilling donation requests in the distribution center, including picking, packing, and shipping items via the UPS World Ship System as well as stocking and organizing inventory.
6) Assist and take photos at various community events to be posted on social media.
7) Upload photos to digital asset database.
8) Assist the community outreach team in research, projects, and programs as directed by the Football Outreach Specialist.
1) Current student or recent graduate with Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
2) Comfortable public speaker with the ability to engage and excite crowds.
3) Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
4) Energetic personality with excellent communication and people skills.
5) Able to build relationships with people both internally and externally on an extremely professional level.
6) An organized, motivated self-starter.
7) Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
8) Ability to adhere to deadlines.
9) Ability to contribute to an overall team effort.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
1) Ability to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time throughout the day.
2) Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
3) Ability to reach, stoop, and lift on a frequent basis.
4) Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
5) Operates in a professional office environment.
6) Role routinely uses standard office equipment.