Production Assistant Internship - "Camp Wannakiki"
Sugarbaker Productions is seeking 1-2 interns to work on the production of “Camp Wannakiki,” a YouTube reality series featuring “campy” drag queens. The series follows the campers at an actual summer camp as they compete in daily activities and nightly talent shows to see who will be crowned “Queen of Camp!”
Season One of “Camp Wannakiki” is now streaming at youtube.com/campwannakiki
We are seeking 1-2 interns to work on the production of Season Two. Once selected, the interns will join the production team and will assist as we work on casting, storylines, scheduling, filming, etc. Interns will report to the Executive Producers (Ashley & Brandon Wright) and/or the Director (TBD).
There will be sporadic meetings and some filming in April and early May, culminating in 10-12 days of filming on-location at the camp in mid/late May (exact dates TBD), and some post-production meetings/filming after "camp." Interns will stay at camp for the duration of filming, along with the cast and the rest of the production team. All meals and lodging will be provided.
• Attend and participate in production planning meetings, and assist the production team with note taking, organizing, etc.
• Assist with filming shoots. This includes hands-on camera work (OTF confessionals, B-roll, etc), prop placement, coordinating talent, etc.
• Assist on location as needed (running errands, helping with meals, etc)
• View incoming footage or cuts and help ingest into Vulcan’s systems
Desired Skills and Experience
• Undergrad or Graduate student currently pursuing a degree in Cinema & Television Arts
• Strong research and communication skills
• At least some experience with videography and editing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player
• An ability to listen to others and learn from their best ideas, demonstrating intellectual curiosity, flexibility, entrepreneurial spirit, and openness to input and feedback
• Applicants must have valid driver’s license. Their own car is a huge plus
• Proficiency in use of HD cameras (if you have your own, even better)
There will be a stipend paid at the end of the internship.
Interested students can apply through the Handshake portal, or send resume and relevant info to: email@example.com