Venue Operations College Associate Intern
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Role: Venue Operations College Associate
Are you looking for an exciting internship experience? Our paid College Associate Program provides real-world experience for students who are interested in the live entertainment industry. After finishing this program, you will have gained broad experience in various aspects of concert logistics, production, event management, operations and have a strong understanding of the core venue business. You can also expect to apply your academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate your leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
More specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist operations department on show-days to successfully host concerts for over 10,000 guests
- Gain insight into all guest touch points at the venue, including parking, line management, VIP, concessions, guest service and more
- Immerse with front-line employees to identify ways to incorporate our service principles of safety, care, encore and efficiency
- Create and deliver post-show reports on event activities, insights, and recommendations
- Gain understanding of all venue teams and departments (Box Office, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
- Shadow various members of the venue’s Core Team, including General Manager, to understand what it takes to operate and manage a successful venue
- Irvine, CA
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Raleigh, NC
- Hartford, CT
- Wantagh, NY
- Scranton, PA
- Dallas, TX
- Currently enrolled in an accredited College or University; Preferably in a Venue Ops Management program
- Preferably Junior or Senior standing
- Previous events or operations experience preferred (school, internship, or professional)
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Acute sense of judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
- Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying 50+ lbs. and occasional sitting.
This program is during Summer 2019.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.