Arts Administration/Music Education Intern
Internship Title: Arts Administration/Music Education Intern
Location: TBD (site location based on availability and schedule)
Start date: Interns Needed Year-Round
Reports to: Program Manager/Director of Site
Who is The People’s Music School?
The People's Music School is a 40-year old institution that has brought the transformative benefits of music to over 10,000 lives across Chicago. Our model is completely tuition-free. We serve kids age 5-18 who otherwise would not be able to afford music education. Since music education has benefits that extend far beyond the artistic benefits, we view ourselves as an institution building future leaders. We build cognitive, academic, and social-emotional skills through an intense and rigorous curriculum. Our students learn with us for up to 12 hours per week and their families fulfill a significant volunteer time requirement. The school has grown 2x under new leadership composed of alumni from Bain & Company and A Better Chicago, and world-class experience from a newly energized Board of Directors. And we're just getting started...
TPMS is seeking interns who have an interest in developing skills in arts administration, music education, or non-profit management. Interns will learn what happens behind the scenes in the running of a music school, support day-to-day program operations, and work under seasoned leaders in arts administration and music education.
· Support day-to-day program operations
· Assist with maintaining student database, instrument inventory, and music library
· Assist with parent volunteer duties
· Assist with program fundraisers, engaging students and families
· Assist with student evaluations, including juries, behavior reports, and student surveys
· Support special events on- and off-site (e.g. concerts, family orientations, fundraisers, field trips)
· Manage and/or assist with other projects, as assigned
· Students working toward an undergraduate or graduate music education, arts administration, or performance degree are ideal candidates
· Computer skills required include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google (Drive).
· Ideal candidates available 5 - 10 hours/week
· Ability to collaborate and work with people from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
· Good oral and written communication skills
Date/Location for Internship:
· Location: TBD (site location based on availability and schedule)
· Starting Date: TBD 9based on availability and program calendar)
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit