American Libraries Magazine is Seeking a Summer Editorial Intern (Paid)
American Libraries magazine, based in Chicago, is seeking a summer editorial intern. The intern will be tasked with several publishing-related responsibilities, including:
- Researching, fact-checking, and proofreading articles and blog posts
- Reporting and writing short pieces for online and possibly for print
- Developing story ideas and participating in pitch meetings
- Assisting in finding new writers, photographers, and podcast guests
- Performing administrative duties
The paid position ranges from 15–20 hours a week and requires a 10–12 week commitment. The internship is ideal for those considering a career in journalism.
- Strong writing skills, with solid grasp of grammar and style
- Experience balancing competing priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility and high attention to detail
- Relevant work history or past editorial internship preferred
For consideration, mail or email résumé, cover letter, and 2–3 writing samples by Friday, March 20.
American Library Association
Attn: Mary Pullen, Human Resources Dept.
Ref: American Libraries internship
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
American Libraries magazine is the flagship publication of the American Library Association. It is published seven times per year.
The American Library Association (ALA) is an equal opportunity employer.