Digital and Social Media Strategy Intern
- Must meet with Internship and Career Advisor to see if eligible for academic credit
- Runs 10 weeks; minimum of 10 hours/week
- Projects designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in Analytics, Digital/Social Media Development, and Marketing.
- Exposure to various projects, technologies, and company initiatives
- Additional training and development workshops to build transferable business skills
- Deadline to Apply is February 14th
About this Job
- The Digital and Social Media Specialist works across a number of different projects supporting and implementing innovative paid digital and social media campaign strategies on behalf of The Davis Theater and Carbon Arc Bar.
- Part of a dynamic, fast-moving team, the Social Media Content Specialist acts as a hands-on contributor to both earned social and paid digital campaigns, help develop content and messaging, contribute to a blog for the collective businesses as well as aggregating reviews (submitted by community, staff, etc) for distribution, assisting in client conversion strategy.
- Interns with an interest in film and or photography will be able to help create a youtube channel which will host original promotional videos/advertising campaign shorts.
- This role includes client contact, providing updates and taking ownership of deliverables and timelines.
- The position will report directly to the Social Media Czar and work with fellow Intern marketing and creative services teams.
- 0-1 years of social media and/or digital marketing experience.
- Fluent in major social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software a plus (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Working understanding of paid digital strategy, media buying, and optimization.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic
- Working understanding of traditional marketing channels including radio and billboard/outdoor advertising is a plus
- Graphic Design, Photoshop or Video editing experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will…
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Be detail-oriented. Highly collaborative, true team-player.
- Be up-to-date on the latest trends in digital writing & its distribution;
- Be equally comfortable focusing on strategy or rolling up their sleeves and executing those plans;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills (must present writing samples)
- Not be afraid of failure: believes in trying new things, testing them out and making judgments from there;
- Not wait for instructions, but instead be curiously creative and figure out what to do;
- Believe they can make a difference for the team, for the Davis & Carbon Arc, and the world.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Help with the strategy, setup and ongoing monitoring of paid digital and social media campaigns to support client objectives.
- Track and continually improve campaign effectiveness on a regular basis.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organic content and creative strategy are aligned with paid strategy
- Create, calendar and curate content for client Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest channels.
- Learning to use the software Social Pilot for analytics and creating performance metrics to measure the success of our digital marketing efforts.
- Produce regular reports on performance of digital campaigns for team development meetings.
- Maintain accurate, ongoing status of campaigns via Google Hangouts & Social Pilot
- Manage client/supervisor approval process for creative and social media campaigns.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.